Foreign Residents’ Assistance Desk [外国人生活相談窓口]


Provides information for foreign residents. Visit two locations or contact by phone, fax, mail or e-mail.


■International & Intercity Affairs Section (Hakodate City Hall 6F)

4-13 Shinonome-cho

Open 8:45~17:30 (Closed on Sat, Sun, National Holidays and Dec. 29~Jan.3)

TEL 0138-21-3619

FAX 0138-23-7604



■International Plaza, Hokkaido International Foundation

14-1 Motomachi

Open 9:00~17:30 (Closed on Sat. Sun. National Holidays and Dec. 29~Jan.3)

TEL 0138-22-0770

FAX 0138-22-0660




Who is eligible for assistance?

  • - Foreign residents in Hakodate 
  • - Foreign residents who plan to move into Hakodate 
  • - Former foreign residents in Hakodate with unsolved problems related to their life in Hakodate, and the agents of all the above


How do we assist you?

  • -By providing necessary information related to life in general in Hakodate and Japan.
  • -By assisting in problems that may be solved with the appropriate information or advice, language assistance, or interference by the municipal (or prefectural, national) government.
  • We contact directly national or prefectural organs for help if necessary.


We do not provide

  • assistance in troubles related to relationships, finance, property, religion, job locations or finding apartments.(For information on job location, go to Hello Work Hakodate: 0138-26-0735.  Language assistant must be accompanied.)


Who are we?

  • - Staff of International & Intercity Affairs Section (city hall) and International Plaza
  • - Full-time English speaking staff at International Plaza
  • For languages other than English, we arrange language assistance. (Prior appointment is required.)


このページの本文とデータは クリエイティブ・コモンズ 表示 2.1 日本ライセンスの下に提供されています。
  • 本ページに掲載しているデータは、自由に利用・改変できます。
  • 本ページに掲載しているデータを元に、2次著作物を自由に作成可能です。
  • 本ページのデータを元に作成したものに、データの出典(本市等のデータを利用している旨)を表示してください。
  • 本ページのデータを編集・加工して利用した場合は、データを元に作成したものに、編集・加工等を行ったことを表示してください。また、編集・加工した情報を、あたかも本市等が作成したかのような様態で公表・利用することは禁止します。
  • 本ページのデータを元に作成したものに、第三者が著作権等の権利を有しているものがある場合、利用者の責任で当該第三者から利用の承諾を得てください。